Re: [xml] xinclude and entities with same name/different content

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 01:30:01PM -0500, Pawel wrote:

also from http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/#notations
"Notation items with the same [name], [system identifier], [public
identifier],
and [declaration base URI] are considered to be duplicate. "

Wouldn't the declaration base URI be different for the included documents
and therefore they would not be considered duplicates?

  first the base URI being different doesn't mean that the composed
resulting URL should be different. second the system identifier for notations
are usually absolute URL to avoid this kind of problems anyway.
  The next sentence says
  "An application may  also be able to detect that notations are duplicate
   through other means. For instance, the URI resulting from combining the
   system identifier and the declaration base URI is the same."

In my case the documents are independent of each other and also rather
similar.
Creating them from a template is simply a matter of filling in the
entities and maybe changing several lines. Renaming entities would take
away the independence and make it a pain in general.

  Understood, but you could use XInclude to replace those entities
with an external customization file. I will look at this anyway.

Daniel