Re: [xml] enhancing the error handling API

Daniel Veillard wrote:

No thread specific variables! Only global ones, this is the point.

  No no, I stand firm on this. The error "global" variables are already
handled in thered specific ways if compiled with --with-threads , I don't
expect to change that for the new infrastrcuture.

I think what is important to note is that parsing is an incremental
process, so you need some state where you can collect data to be able
to determine what the logical error is. That's why you need thread
specific storage even on the level of libxml2.

Regards,
                Stefan