Re: [xml] enhancing the error handling API

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 08:29:00AM -0800, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:

 This would require also adding:
   - registering function both globally and for parsing/validation/xslt
     contexts. This means global or thread specific new variables.

No thread specific variables! Only global ones, this is the point.

  No no, I stand firm on this. The error "global" variables are already
handled in thered specific ways if compiled with --with-threads , I don't
expect to change that for the new infrastrcuture.

You create a global callback which application can replace and
after that, the application will be responsible for handling
threads, etc.

 That callback can be thread specific already.

on Windows TLS and so on. The point is that LibXML does not
need to deal with TLS on all the platform zoo outwhere.

  We already do to some extents if compiled with threads

At the end, if someone really needs threads specific error callbacks
on all platforms, then s/he can write this code and contribute to
LibXML :) It would be very simple to integrate it later.

  it's already integrated and was initially contributed by Sun (Gary
Pennington) and extended to support Windows later. See threads.c
and globals.c , they already support per-thread xmlGenericError and
xmlGenericErrorContext, I expect this to be maintained in the new system
in exactly the same way.

Daniel