Re: [xml] Disabling error messages (again)

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 08:04:42AM -0600, Thompson, Eugene wrote:
Hello,

Just joined the list and am looking for a solution. I've checked the
archives and have read the earlier posts on this subject but found them
lacking (for what I am looking for). I need to turn off the debugging
messages coming from the library. Not just redirect stdout & stderr to
dev/null. Our application is cross-platform (meaning dev/null isn't
necessarily valid) and uses stdout & stderr for our own purposes. I don't
understand why clients of the library need to be saddled with its messages.
If my application calls a function and an error occurs, tell my application
and let it deal with it; don't tell the world.

  Why is the existing function not usable ?
  http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-xmlerror.html#XMLSETGENERICERRORFUNC
or why didn't you find it ?
I also don't see the point of your rant about stdout and stderr...

Any help would be greatly appreciated as if I don't resolve this issue, I'll
need to look elsewhere for a parser and I'd rather use open source. I
suppose I could just implement it myself ... hmmmm.

  Comparing the cost of implementing an XML parser to simply
looking up the documentation of existying one, sorry it's hard to
consider you're serious ! Especially when considering your email
address.

Daniel