[xml] Disabling error messages (again)

Title: Disabling error messages (again)

Hello,

Just joined the list and am looking for a solution. I've checked the archives and have read the earlier posts on this subject but found them lacking (for what I am looking for). I need to turn off the debugging messages coming from the library. Not just redirect stdout & stderr to dev/null. Our application is cross-platform (meaning dev/null isn't necessarily valid) and uses stdout & stderr for our own purposes. I don't understand why clients of the library need to be saddled with its messages. If my application calls a function and an error occurs, tell my application and let it deal with it; don't tell the world.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as if I don't resolve this issue, I'll need to look elsewhere for a parser and I'd rather use open source. I suppose I could just implement it myself ... hmmmm.

Gene