Re: [xml] debugging outputbuffer code in libxml

Ah, welcome back :-)

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 05:33:12PM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
  I need to look at this. I'm surprized this wasn't caught by valgrind
on the regression tests of libxml2 and libxslt. Maybe I don't do enough
memory conversion testing.

It is one byte. The code writes one byte too much and the buffer
probably is big enough, because the kernel kindly allocates more memory
than requested, a thing related to the memory manager optimisation.

  Well, libxml2 + libxslt is now over 150,000 lines of code, I definitely
can't "remember" everything. If someone pinpoint a bug and someone else can
reproduce it ... well the fix should probably go in.

Okay, then I'll do the regression test tomorrow and commit if it passes.

And noone expects you to remember everything :-) It is just a plain fact
that you know a great deal more about the internals than anyone else, it
is your baby, after all.  If there is nothing that itches you at sight
of a particular machination, then the way is plain: commit and wait for
user complaints... or for the lack of them. :-)

Ciao,
Igor