Re: [xml] final output filtering?

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 09:29:20AM +0100, Mark Itzcovitz wrote:
<rant-rebuttal>
Every platform has its history and, while UNIX goes back further than most,
MS-DOS and VMS both come from an age when standards were not a big issue. I
for one am grateful that we keep moving a little bit closer to the day when
my "common" source for Solaris, OpenVMS and Windows becomes truly common
with no platform-dependent code.
</rant-rebuttal> :-)

  Okay, okay ...
My goal is not to make it harder for non Unix. I would just like
to make sure what used to compile and work fine still does. So basically
I'm not sure I can trust the b flag of fopen() to not break. Point is that
if it break all file I/O stops and hum ... that's a bit inconvenient.
Keeping the #ifdef sounds safer, now if Igor can spot the place where
the "wb" instead of "w" is needed and commit it that would be great :-)

Daniel