Re: [xml] final output filtering?

Daniel--

On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, at 06:44  AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
Well, it's one more "special case", forcing a non-conformant behaviour
since modifying the EOL do change teh infoset of the document. It's
not an XML processing problem, it's an editor rendering problem pushed
back to the wrong place. There is 1 person asking for this non-conformant
behaviour. This can be handled already by redefining the I/O layer of
libxml (register your own set of I/O handler for file accesses as documented
 on http://xmlsoft.org/xmlio.html#Example2 or by using
 xmlRegisterOutputCallbacks() ).

  The library allows to redefined the I/O layer, precisely for this
kind of custom purpose, my answer is to use that capability rather than
introducing a non-conformant processing mode in it.

Yes, and (being the "one person asking") I'm all for the solution you propose, using I/O layer hooks, rather than changing anything under the wraps.

In fact, the situation with Mac OS X is funny--it's a "bifurcated" system, part Unix (with Unix line endings) and part old-style Mac OS/GUI (with old-style Mac line endings), but the stdio library is part of the Unix portion, so it uses Unix-style line endings.

Thus my need to customize line endings in my application, which lives in the "Mac GUI" part of that split world (these are XTensions to QuarkXPress and plug-ins to InDesign.

So everything's fine--you don't need to change anything.

Cheers!
--Chris Ryland / Em Software, Inc. / www.emsoftware.com