Re: [xml] final output filtering?

On Saturday, June 7, 2003, at 06:36  PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 05:45:32PM -0400, Chris Ryland wrote:
How about just changing the line endings? In my application, it
definitely won't hurt.

  Have you read end of line normalization in the XML spec ? No,
then go read the spec !
  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml
  I am *not* joking !

Yes, I have, but this normalization is for input, and that's what I assume is happening (and it's fine).

I'm talking about creating XML files for use on Mac and Windows platforms, where the editing/text processing tools assume platform-native endings (CR LF under Windows, CR under Mac OS).

What do you suggest that I do when outputting XML files on these platforms?

Can you give me a few more hints along the lines of "possible at the C
level"?

  See the interfaces in xmlIO.h like xmlOutputBufferCreateIO()
Also read the online docs http://xmlsoft.org/xmlio.html
And use the list, please !!!

OK.

Cheers!