RE: SV: [xml] windows binary with different calling

Peter Jacobi has already provided a better explanation than I
could of
why FUNKY_FUNCTION_MACROS are commonly used in the Windows world.

I can only add that for me, creation of the .def file has not been
completely automatic. I build and use libxml2 using the Borland C++
compiler, which does not use the same conventions as Microsoft's. By
default, the Borland compiler prefixes an underscore before the names
of global identifiers (including function names) in object files. And
the Borland linker does not recognise the "DATA" keyword in .def file
EXPORT statements. This means I need to adapt the libxml2.def file
before I can use it.

Admittedly, this has been only a rather minor inconvenience,
but I'm a
lazy bastard, and I'd rather not have to deal with it at all.

OK, OK. Don't tell me. I already know what I need to do. I
should make
modified copies of Igor's defgen.xsl and Makefile.msvc that work
correctly with the Borland compiler, then check them in for
everyone to
enjoy. That's fine. Give me a few days and I'll see what I can do...

You can forget about the defgen.xsl, as these macros seem to be coming. But
the Makefile would not be a bad idea.

By the way, if you are using those bits in win32/bcb5, then I hope you
noticed that I am about to remove it from the source.

Ciao,
Igor