Re: SV: [xml] windows binary with different calling

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 10:06:34AM -0600, Vakoc, Mark wrote:
 This is the only case where developer has problems brought to her by
others. This case is a legitimate reason to do the declarations. Is
there
anyone with exactly this problem? If not, then it remains a theory.

For sake of argument I do.  Currently I manually modify the headers of
the other library b/c most of their functions have macros in place to
declare the calling convention so I have to go in and add the macros to
the functions I use that are missing them.

Your comments on the cause being the default in the VC IDE is a little
out of touch.  There are legitimate reasons to use either convention --
but that's besides the point.  The real point is people don't always
have a choice.  My app is cdecl, libx* is cdecl, and the monster
application I link to is stdcall.  Oh well.

  Hum, so this is a pain for at least one real long time user...
Damn, maybe I may do it finally ... I assume you have patches handy,
how are the changes done (i.e. can you provide a small example for
one declaration) ?

Daniel