Re: SV: [xml] windows binary with different calling conventions

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 10:28:26AM +0200, Gustaf Räntilä wrote:
I just wanna spread libxml to a wider audience (read: I personally wanna
use libxml in an stdcall application), so be indulgent with my rude
irony :-)

  There is something I fundamentally don't understand. Switching calling
conventions is a *compiler* job. It does not affect the code *semantic*,
why on earth should it be implemented at the code level ???
  Clearly this change must be accessible as a compiler switch, why isn't
that the proper solution. It has to, that's where the essence of the
change (and associated checkings must be done).
  I do not understand your request, and apparently you didn't answer
to the people who objected that it has to be kept a switch in the
Windows compiler call in the "makefile". On UNIX you also got tons of
various possible compiler options but they are not inflicted on the code.
Sounds like the old "#pragma pack" and other compiler semantic in code
abominations, they should be avoided as much as possible, and you still
didn't prove (at least to me) that they can't be avoided.
  Mixing semantic layers usually flags that something else is wrong in
the framework...

Daniel