Re: [xml] XPath namespace filtering...

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 04:17:28PM -0700, Sean Chittenden wrote:

I may be confused as to what the XPathContext->namespace struct member
does, but I was under the impression that only nodes whos namespace
was found in XPathContext->namespace would be returned with a given
query.  The use case being something akin to:

  No, it's used to express mapping between prefixes and namespace
names for said XPath query. Totally unrelated.

do you think it would be conceptually correct to apply the namespaces
that are in the scope of the node the xpath query is applied to to
the xpath context ? (Though I understand that this may be misleading
since the xpath expression may refer to other nodes outside the scope
of the currently active namespaces).

Regards,
                Stefan