Re: Re: SV: [xml] windows binary with different calling conventions

No, the problems are the header files, not his binaries. They work
either way. The difference is if every implementer of libxml should be
forced to edit the header files, or use a specific calling conventions
even though they practically wouldn't need to. It's only a question
about who'll do the job. Igor, Daniel or hundreds of "innocent"
developers :-)

/Gustaf

------------------------

Secondly I don't think a little DLLIMPORT or CDECL or similar macro is
very bloating to the header files, and I really don't understand how
beauty of code could ever be more important to its use, but ok =)
How important is it anyway, I mean who actually frames the header files
and put it on a wall, or use it as proposal speech? I mean come on,
read
the dox instead :-)

There are some scripts that depends on the particular look of header
files. Adding
these little macros can (and would) break these scripts.

IMHO, the simplest way would be to just go and recompile libxml2 by
yourself when you need
a different calling convention. Probably Igor can add one more option to

Win32 configure.js and
let user specify calling convention during libxml2 compilation. And this

should solve this problem
for everyone.

Aleksey