Re: [xml] Character Sets supported

Hi Daniel,

In preparing the surgery for iconv-less character encoding support,
I want to ask you about some inner workings of libxml2. If you
can remember what's going on there, I can save some exploration:

1. Both xmlGetCharEncodingHandler in encoding.c and
xmlSwitchEncoding in parserinternals.c have an explicit
switch statement on the predefined encodings, despite the
fact that the later calls the former. Shouldn't it be possible
to eliminate the switch statement in xmlSwitchEncoding?

2. I cannot find the place where xmlParseCharEncoding
of encoding.c is overridden for iconv usage or use of
user supplied encoding handlers. Nethertheless, non-
predefined encodings (like ISO-8859-1) are working with
iconv enabled, so there must be a place...

3. ... or are all uses of xmlParseCharEncoding in error
and should be replaced with xmlFindCharEncodingHandler?

Regards,
Peter Jacobi