Re: [xml] where can i find a complex exa

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 17:55, storein wrote:
Thank you John Fleck ,
  My meaning is that :
     I have to parse many xml files , The DTD files of these xml files are different each other , if I use
the method of http://www.xmlsoft.org/tutorial/index.html
,then I must write my program for every xml files  base on their DTD files , such as :if I have 8 xml files
,8 DTD files ,Must I write 8 c programs for these xml files ? Maybe there is good method to parse these xml
files , this is my question .I wish I can use one c program to parse these xml files base on their DTD
files .

Whether you do it in one or many c programs is up to you, but there is
no magic shortcut here. To quote from Daniel's documentation
(http://www.xmlsoft.org/example.html):

 Once you are used to it, writing this kind of code is quite simple, but
boring. Ultimately, it could be possible to write stubbers taking
 either C data structure definitions, a set of XML examples or an XML
 DTD and produce the code needed to import and export the content
 between C data and XML storage. This is left as an exercise to the
 reader :-)

John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead