Re: [xml] Intsall advice

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 01:36:07PM +0100, Stefano Debenedetti wrote:
I had the same problem on a rh 7.3, if I remember well, after playing a
bit with rpmfind I solved the problem by installing glibc-2.2.93-5 and
then I could upgrade the libxml2 binaries directly, no idea if this
breakes anything on my system but I guess the best way to acquire
knowledge without hiring anybody is trying :-)

  Problem is that trying without understanding can become costly...
Suggesting to upgrade glibc to a newer version without understanding
the side effects is really not wise. The right way is to rebuild the
RPM package from sources as I said, then if that doesn't work it
becomes a software engineering problem, and brute force overwrite
is unlikely to solve the problem.

Daniel