Re: [xml] Inappropriate title on XmlTextReader tutorial page

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 09:09:52AM +1100, Eric Zurcher csiro au wrote:
Daniel,

Just a very minor, pedantic point: I noticed that the tutorial page for the
XmlTextReader interface at http://xmlsoft.org/xmlreader.html bears the
misleading title "XML resources publications guidelines". I believe this
should be changed.

  Damn ... I always forget toc check this when editing with Amaya :-\

The interface itself looks very interesting. Well done! I would be
interested in hearing about users' experiences with it compared to SAX and
the main tree-based API.

  Should be simpler than SAX, and allow to handle large document for which
the tree API don't allow to load the full document.
  The interesting point is that the underlying parser framework is the
tree builder, I should be able to do intermediate modes where some nodes
are saved and a result tree which is a subset of the original document is
available. Basically the way nodes are removed from the tree as progress
is made and access to that instant document subtree are possible, XPath
and the whole libxml2 tree API should be usable on those intermediate
tree view. There is a lot of interesting tweaks which can be made on that
original framework. For example if you want to XSLT process a huge document
but are interested only in the output from a subtree, parsing and selecting
those nodes only should be easy, then you end up with the subdocument
xmlDocPtr that could then be fed to the XSLT processor. More to come...

Daniel