[xml] xmlDocDumpMemoryEnc error

Hi,

I have found a strange error with xmlDocDumpMemoryEnc.

I build a XML file getting informations from different sources: at the end I'd like to turn it into a char*
with ISO-8859-1 encoding.

So I call:

xmlDocDumpMemoryEnc(doc, &bufptr, &size, "ISO-8859-1");

and the error I obtain is:

output conversion failed due to conv error
xmlOutputBufferFlush: encoder error

As if the bytes  0xC3 0x3C 0x2F 0x41 take us to the error.
Which characters are they?
Every time I have these bytes I obtain this error.

How can I discover these bytes?

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Marco