Re: [xml] Missing type converters - libxml-2.5.3

z33k writes:

I am trying to build libxml2-2.5.3 (on Slackware) and I keep getting the error below.
Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve  this issue?  Am I missing a
library somewhere?

This is a problem with the python bindings (Daniel says, he does
not get it, so it might depend on the python version).

My goal is to get DOM XLM support in PHP 4.3.0.

If you don't need the python bindings you can simply ignore the error.
The C library was built successfully before trying to build the python
bindings.
make install will install the C library but fail on the python bindings
again. Then you should be able to compile domxml.

If you think such a procedure is too awkward, you might consider updating
python (IIRC all reports about this problem, including mine, were with python
2.1.x; so using python 2.2.x might help). I didn't try this, though.
Or you might use the previous version libxml2-2.5.2, which didn't had the
problem.

HTH
        Morus