Re: [xml] Release of libxml2-2.5.3

Error when compiling:

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -o .libs/xmllint xmllint.o  ./.libs/libxml2.so -lz -lm
./.libs/libxml2.so: undefined reference to `__ctype_b'
./.libs/libxml2.so: undefined reference to `__ctype_toupper'

  Hum, you seem to have a libc header/sharedlib mismatch. I don't
see any recent change in libxml2 which could lead to this,

Hmm. Well I did an apt-get dist-upgrade dance (I'm on Conectiva
Linux) and now I get:

configure: error: Compiler not ANSI compliant

*scary*

Anyway, this is for gcc 3.2.1, apparently. Any ideas?

It's not a compiler issue, things work just fine for 3.2.1 on FreeBSD.
Could this be an autoF# $ problem?  libxml and friends require pretty
old autoF #$ tools and haven't been updated recently.

--
Sean Chittenden