Re: [xml] Multiple XML Schema Includes

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 07:04:19PM -0500, Adam Trachtenberg wrote:
On Dec 12, 2003, at 6:42 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 03:57:50PM -0500, Adam Trachtenberg wrote:
Do other people agree this is a bug in libxml2 or am I misreading the
spec? I am far from an XML Schema expert.

 I'm not an XML Schema expert either <grin/>. Post the full schemas
and instance examples in a bugzilla report please,

I have to say the language in that section of the spec was some of the
ugliest I've seen in any W3C document in a long time. :(

Unfortunately, I can't post the actual files due to NDA issues, but I
will come up with a replicating test case or two and post those
instead.

   yes, that will be good enough, provide a tarball attachment to the bug
report.

Looking at the code, I think one solution is to store the
schemaLocation in a hash and returning 1 (or 2) if we've parsed the
file before. That would solve my problem, but not the more general
issue of an included file redefining the same element identically as
the parent document. (Which I think is legal, but it's hard to
understand exactly what's going on in the spec.)

   Unfortunately doing the implementation is nearly the simple part
of the problem, trying to understand the spec takes more time !

Daniel