Re: [xml] Multiple XML Schema Includes

On Dec 12, 2003, at 6:42 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 03:57:50PM -0500, Adam Trachtenberg wrote:
Do other people agree this is a bug in libxml2 or am I misreading the
spec? I am far from an XML Schema expert.

  I'm not an XML Schema expert either <grin/>. Post the full schemas
and instance examples in a bugzilla report please,

I have to say the language in that section of the spec was some of the ugliest I've seen in any W3C document in a long time. :(

Unfortunately, I can't post the actual files due to NDA issues, but I will come up with a replicating test case or two and post those instead.

Looking at the code, I think one solution is to store the schemaLocation in a hash and returning 1 (or 2) if we've parsed the file before. That would solve my problem, but not the more general issue of an included file redefining the same element identically as the parent document. (Which I think is legal, but it's hard to understand exactly what's going on in the spec.)

-adam

--
adam trachtenberg
adam trachtenberg com