[xml] RE:XML data manipulation in C.

Hi All,
 I was exploring ways of implementing DOM in C over the internet. I believe you will be able to help me with
some information on this proposed  implementation of DOM in
  'C'. I will appreciate someone referring me to a step-by-step document telling me as to  How I can install
the package "libxml/libxml2" and use the library for my projects.
  Also, I wanted to know if this  library has been tested on AIX boxes before?

  Looking forward to the information.

Best Regards,
Rohit Kshirsagar
Information Services Division