Re: [xml] New to list

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 09:09:50AM +0200, xml-list to Aahz spamgourmet com wrote:
Hi!

I'm new to this list and also to XML. In my new job I will have to deal
with XML and Schemas. I received several schema files and created a
small testdoc that I'd like validate against the schema.

Yesterday I downloaded and compiled libxml 2.5.9 on my Mac. Can someone
please tell me how to validate my testdoc? I tried:

xmllint --validate --noout testdoc.xml
but this seems to validate against a (missing) DTD so that's wrong I
think.

xmllint --schema xsd/documents.xms --noout testdoc.xml
This produces several errors like:
 > Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:3069
 > Unimplemented block at xmlschemas.c:3069
 > compilation error: file xsd/document.xsd line 115 element xs:element
 > Schemas: element anonelem14 ref to Date not found
and then many messages like the last 2 lines.

Is this my fault? What am I doing wrong?

  It's not your fault. The W3C XML Schemas code is incomplete and probably
buggy too. At the moment the best is to use the Relax-NG schemas validation
mechanism which is complete and fully supported.

Daniel