Re: [xml] use cases and "success story":

I'm working on a contract job that embeds Python 2.3, medusa, libxml2 and libxslt in
uClinux on a 48mhz Motorola 5727 board (68020-like, 4 meg flash, 8 mag ram).

Eventually this device will be used as a KVM switch controller, power monitor and
event manager.

8 Meg is just barely enough to run, if I don't cache stylesheets.

Building for uClinux (with uClibc) has been difficult due to cross platform compiling
and limitations of configure.

Also, when I build without http, without ftp, without catalog (etc), the Python wrappers
still generate wrapper code for the missing pieces. I have some patches for libxml2
and libxslt/python stuff I haven't had a chance to submit yet.

So .. in another 2 months I'll have a real success story to post, right now I'm still
tweaking it.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc murkworks com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements