Re: [xml] Building libxml2 as a DLL under MinGW MSYS

Elizabeth Barham said:

Igor Zlatkovic <igor stud fh-frankfurt de> writes:

But why use configure when a fixed config is clearly easier to handle ?

In my case, I would like to build the DLL on my linux box and test it
with wine. I much prefer a unix'y environment and since mingw has been
ported to Debian/Linux it seems that integrating configure with mingw
would be a boon, not only for me but also for others that care to use
a similar development platform, including MSYS.

Or if have to sit in front of a Win2000 box 8 hours a day, but
do your best to use GNU tools to relieve the misery. It'd be
nice to be able to download the latest libxml source and
'./configure; make' just like anyone running a Real
Operating System (*sigh*).