Re: [xml] re:[xml][no subject]

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 07:14, spinmar interfree it wrote:

Well maybe it's useful to give some explanations.

I read your page ( http://xmlsoft.org/encoding.html) and all the
documentation: well the page doesn't give any useful information. I have
used your search engine with the keys "iso-8859 problem" but in the answers
there is only one example which is wong.

I hate to be the one defending Daniel here, because I often think he's a
bit too grumpy in situations like this. But in this case Daniel's
documentation seems plenty clear enough to at least get a start on the
problem.

http://xmlsoft.org/encoding.html:

"One of the core decision was to force all documents to be converted to
a default internal encoding, and that encoding to be UTF-8."

http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-encoding.html:

Has what looks to me like encoding conversion functions. Try them out.
Let us know how they work.

(Once you've figured out how to do this, it would be great if despite
the beating you're taking here you could write up a self-contained
snippet of code that deals with the issue. I'll figure out some way to
add it to the documentation so others can use it.)

John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead