Re: [xml] Release of libxml2-2.4.28

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:09:29 -0500
Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

  Yes I know, I'm breaking the monthly update schedule, but
  there is a
new release availble:
      ftp://xmlsoft.org/ and Gnome FTP servers
      http://xmlsoft.org/

There have been a couple of serious bug or configuration
problems reported and fixed and I coded a couple of features I
want to push now:
    * a couple of python binding fixes
    * 2 bug fixes in the XML push parser
    * potential memory leak removed (Martin Stoilov)
    * fix to the configure script for Unix (Dimitri
    Papadopoulos)
    * added encoding support for XInclude
    parse="text"

Thanks!

What encoding are supported ?

When I try to build DocBook document with
<xi:include
href="doc-template.xml" parse="text"
encoding="windows-1251"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>

I get messages:
XInclude: encoding windows-1251 not supported
XInclude: could not load doc-template.xml, and no fallback was
found

Without attribute "encoding" and doc-template.xml in utf-8 all
ok.

Main document have
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1251"?>
and it's worked fine.

PS In this document I want to use existing docbook template as
example in <programlisting>

$ xmllint --version
xmllint: using libxml version 20428
   compiled with: FTP HTTP HTML C14N Catalog DocBook XPath
XPointer XInclude Iconv Unicode Regexps Automata
$ xsltproc --version
Using libxml 20428, libxslt 10022 and
libexslt 713 xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20428, libxslt
10022 and libexslt 713 libxslt 10022 was compiled against libxml
20428 libexslt 713 was compiled against libxml 20428

<skipped/>

--
Regards, Vyt
mailto:  vyt vzljot ru