Re: [xml] Re: [gnomemm] ANNOUNCE: libxml++ is now sane.
- From: murrayc t-online de (Murray Cumming)
- To: Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com>
- Cc: gnomemm-list <gnomemm-list gnome org>, libxml-list <xml gnome org>, libxml++ <libxmlplusplus-general lists sourceforge net>
- Subject: Re: [xml] Re: [gnomemm] ANNOUNCE: libxml++ is now sane.
- Date: 20 Nov 2002 23:28:57 +0100
On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 22:57, Paul Davis wrote:
if you're going to try to improve it, i would pass on one
recommendation. this API:
const Node * add_child (const std::string &name)
Node * add_child (Node *node)
has caused dozens of stupid bugs in my code, because it doesn't make
it clear whether the added child is copied or not (its not).
Personally, I have tried to avoid using add_child(Node* node) for this
reason. I think it would be best to say
"All Nodes must be created by DomParser, not by yourself."
Maybe we can remove that method.
ardour has had its own copy of libxml++ for some time, and we have
been unable to get the author to accept any of our patches. we changed
the API to:
Please try again. There is a different maintainer and we have a patch
murray usa net
] [Thread Prev