Re: [xml] python bindings on windows

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 11:30:49AM +0100, Stéphane Bidoul wrote:
2. #include "config.h" does not work on Windows.

I'm not sure if this is Python's config.h or libxml's.
I commented it out (maybe it shoud be #ifdef'd) in
- gnome-xml/python/generator.py
- gnome-xml/python/libxml.c
- libxslt/python/generator.py
- libxslt/python/libxslt.c

   Hum, I don't remember why I had to include it ...

3. To build using the MERGED_MODULES option, I had to copy
a few files from libxslt/python to libxml2/python. I don't know
the correct way to do that, or if there is an script
that does it. I did it manually.

  I do that when preparing a release usually. I store the resulting
tars in ftp://xmlsoft.org/python/

If there is some interest for such an approach,
I can post the installer somewhere, so you can give it a try.

  Well, I can't try it myself.

What I would like to do also is discuss wether it
is worthwhile putting such a change in the main CVS,
or if I should maintain this way of packaging
separately.

  I'm still not sure how intrusive it is... hard to tell

Daniel