[xml] Validating a Document using the Sax Interface??

Hello All,

Is there a way to validate xml documet using the SAX interface??  A DTD might be present in the document itself or outside in a file.  I tried setting the xmlDoValidityCheckingDefaultValue to 1 but that did not work.  I have used the DOM model and the xmlValidateDocument function to validate a document in the past.  Is there a similar function for SAX model?  It seems like most of the validating functions take a xmlDocPtr as an argument but the only way to get the xmlDocPtr is to build a DOM tree.  Is this correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Do You Yahoo!?