Re: [xml] Schemas handling as different lib

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 04:01:52AM -0700, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
Hm.. In the same way you can argue that DTD (or XPath, etc.)  is also
should
be a separate library :)  In my case schemas support is a required
functionality
(as well as XSLT) and I prefer to deal with one library instead of two.
In the
perfect world I would like to combine LibXML and LibXSLT into one library
but I know that the world I live in is far not perfect :)
And I also have to note that (IMHO) schemas validation is more close to xml\
parser than XPath or XInclude support.

  Definitely, and Schemas will be needed for XPath2. And XPath is
part of libxml2 API.
  Now Lev if you find libxml2 is too big, what about looking at comparative
toolkits like Xerces, or the Java parsers, I'm pretty sure you will suddenly
find the compromises done in libxml2 quite acceptable !

Daniel