Re: [xml] nanohttp.c:868: `h_errno' undeclared

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 10:46:18PM +0000, Bjorn Reese wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:
I can tell you that our OS is "SCO Openserver 5.0.06" (and this may be the
answer you're looking for).

  might be "SCO"

It's never as simple as that when it comes to SCO :)

I have previously used the following with some success

#if (defined(__GNUC__) && defined(M_I386)) || (defined(_SCO_DS) ||
defined(_SCO_C_DIALECT))

  Do they have numbered defines allowing _SCO_DS >= 50005 or some such ?

The first part is for GCC, and the second part is for the native SCO compiler.

  hum, as you understadn I would actually prefer to avoid starting
to go that game, especially if one need more defines for HPUX as
in the bug I pointed to.

  Okay, well I hope the change will avoid the problem on SCO in
future releases,

It will work for OpenServer 5.0.5 and later. For prior versions you have
to refer to it explictly with

  extern int h_errno;

  that part is optional, it *just* improve the error message returned
in case of failure ... what I tried to attain was to not compile that
section if one can identify that there is no support for it. I would
have expected that having HAVE_NETDB_H and HOST_NOT_FOUND which is one
of the values taken by h_errno would be sufficient to have that
extern defined.
  I'm honnestly tempted to now scrap this part except on the couple of
platform where I know the compilation will work.

Daniel