Re: [xml] nanohttp.c:868: `h_errno' undeclared

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 03:20:49PM -0500, Fricault, Mark wrote:
Sorry to say, but I don't know how to answer your question reguarding the
'OS dependant platform define', as none of the 5 unix guru's here seems to
understand exactly what you're looking for.  If you can tell me where I
might find this information, I'll pass it back to you.

  A preprocessor token defined by the compiler allowing to do system
specific preprocessor work, "linux" and "SunOS" are two well known ones.
With gcc they can be found in the spec file which itself can be found
with the -v flag:
paphio:~/XML -> gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/specs
gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-98)
paphio:~/XML -> grep linux /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/specs
-m elf_i386 %{shared:-shared}   %{!shared:     %{!ibcs:       %{!static:
%{rdynamic:-export-dynamic}     %{!dynamic-linker:-dynamic-linker /lib/ld-linux.so.2}}  %{static:-static}}}
-D__ELF__ -Dunix -Dlinux -Asystem(posix)
paphio:~/XML ->

   hte last line show the -Dlinux platform specific flag.

I can tell you that our OS is "SCO Openserver 5.0.06" (and this may be the
answer you're looking for).

  might be "SCO"

I can also tell you, that I found the #define h_errno in the
/usr/include/resolv.h file (thanks for pointing me in that direction), *not*
in the netdb.h file.  And the resolv.h file is only included if SUPPORT_IP6
has been defined (which it doesn't appear to be).

  Really don't understand why, but well ... I'm adding resolv.h checking
in configure.in and will conditionally include it in nanohttp.h

I'm sure this is the wrong way to fix this, and still remain cross-platform
compliant, but whenever the netdb.h file is included, I also include the
resolv.h file.  Now the make seems to work; at lease it complete without
errors.

  Okay, well I hope the change will avoid the problem on SCO in
future releases,

  thanks

Daniel