Re: [xml] ctxt->token patches

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 01:04:10PM +0200, Peter Jacobi wrote:
Hi Daniel, All,

Find attached patches for removing ctxt->token
usage in parser.c and parserInternals.c

  Okay, I got them, I'm on the road so I may not be able
to apply them immediately, but will do soon.

But at some places, removal of this
code make performance worse (must
be cache line alignment, cache preload
or static branch prediction).

  Hum, can you tellwhere this occured ? I would still
like for maintainance puposes clean them all completely.
What was the performance penalty ? Seems that would be
very platform/compiler dependant and for the general case
still removing them it the Right Thing to do. Maybe change
some of the test so the compiler optimizes the branch prediction
better. Extra unneeded code and data accesses are likely
to augment cache pressure and lead to significant change
on other achitecture, let's get rid of them and see what can
be done to optimize further.

So I tried to find the removals which
enhance performance and now get a
performance gain of 7% for api.xml