Re: [xml] xsltproc --stringparam and national chars

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 07:32, Jens Askengren wrote:
Hello transformers!

I am trying to set stylesheet parameters containing national characters
using the --stringparam of xsltproc. This fails, and the chars are
replaced with space.

My locale is sv_SE.iso-8859-1,the stylesheet and the doc is also encoded
using iso-8859-1.

I have also tried using #&149;-style encoding of the offending chars,
but no entity expansion is done.

Using utf-8 however produces the correct result. It took some time to
figure out, so I'd appreciate if somone would add this info to the
man-page.

So if the man page said something like:

--stringparam name value

              Pass  a  paramenter  of  name  name and value value
              where value is a string rather than a node  identi­
              fier.(Note: The string must be utf-8.)

Would that be correct?

Cheers,
John

--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead