Re: [xml] xmlParseFile

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 03:06:33PM -0400, Frank  Signorelli wrote:
Hi,

I am need of some help using libxml2.

I have a program that calls xmlParseFile("/users/signorel/config.xml").
/users/signorel/config.xml is a well formed and valid XML document.

My program repeatedly calls xmlParseFile, modifies the document, saves it,
calls xmlParseFile again etc.

  Are you 100% sure you freed all the data associated to each step ?

The program works fine for hours at a time and then fails. When it fails,
I see the message:

warning: failed to load external entity

and xmlParseFile returns NULL.

I need some way to know why libxml2 failed to load the file. After
the warning, the file is still well formed and valid according to xmllint.
If I restart
my program, it works fine again for a few hours.

Any ideas on how to debug this problem or help on how to get
more information from libxml2 would be greatly appreciated.

  Might be a memory overrun, make sure the size of your program don't
overflow your availble memory. That could lead to the symptom you explained.

Daniel