Re: [xml] basefont issue with xsltproc?

David Santamauro writes:

The data seems like it is added to result tree but not output...? Am I going
crazy?

basefont is an empty element and the html serializer "refuses" to generate
output for this.
If you change the output method to xml you will see your doubled content.

Of course one can argue about the html serializer here.
Should it output any tree as is, even if this is corrupt html and use
html rules just to supress end tags for empty tags that are emtpy in the
tree or let these rules have more effect in the case of non conformant
html.

I had a similar problem with p endtags some time ago, but I don't think
that the discussion came to a clear result then
(see: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xslt/2001-November/msg00023.html
and the following mails)

greetings
        Morus