Re: [xml] libxml tutorial

On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 09:06:12PM -0600, John Fleck wrote:
Folks -

I've finished a big chunk of a draft of the libxml tutorial and would
like feedback.

It includes examples and explanations on:

1) parsing a doc
2) extracting text from an element
3) adding an element
4) extracting text from an attribute (well, it *will* have this, but
doesn't yet)
5) adding an attribute.

Remember that I am a writer, not a hacker, readers will be well served
if others look over my examples and suggest improvements.

Once this is done, I'm looking for suggestions for other fundamental
tasks, that I might add future chapters. DTD handling is the next thing
on my list, but I'm open to other ideas.

I've put it up here for now:
http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/libxmltutorial/index.html

  Thanks, looks good except the part about
     xmlKeepBlanksDefault(0);
there is so many side effects to this call that it's not recommended
to suggest it in a tutorial. Indenting is a slightly controversial
operation since it modifies the content of the document. The xmlSaveFormat
call should be sufficient for most needs I think.

  What about commiting it on the doc directory so it will end-up on the web
site ?

Daniel