[xml] libxml : SAX validation + external entities

Hello,

I want to use libxml in my application for parsing xml files. I am using the
SAX API and want to validate my XML against a DTD.

1. Can this validation be done using libxml for SAX? I looked at the code
and see that validation is possible for DOM.
2. I am using some entities in my DTD and referring to them in my XML file.
I used the parser and found that these entities are not getting substituted.
Is there anyway this can be supported?
Can i do something about it?

regards,
Binu