RE: [xml] adding "void *private" member to the struct xmlNs

Ho there,

In order to prevent a myriad of problems which would certainly come,
please try to avoid using C++ keywords when naming variables :-)

Ciao
Igor

Hi, Daniel!

This question was discussed some time ago but I could not understand
do we have any agreement or not. And  I would like to raise it again
because it looks like I need this functionality too :)
So the question is: can we add "void* private" member to the
"struct xmlNs"?
This pointer will be used by application to store application
specific data
and LibXML will simply always ignore it.
There were two suggestions:
    1) make struct xmlNs  similar to structures for other
node types and put
    "void * private" on the second place (adv.: simplicity
and following
    standard; dis. : this breaks binary compatibility)
    2) add "void* private" to the end of struct xmlNs (adv.: binary
compatible;
    dis.: "special case" for applications)
As far as I can understand, we could not go with option 1) because of
binary
compatibility. I would like to find out, can the implement option 2)
 (it's ugly
but it gives me what I want :) ).

Thanks,

Aleksey