Re: [xml] functions using varargs

   What's happen when one of the existing callbacks contains only
the formatting string and no other parameter.

sorry I am not sure... was it a question ? If so: the other args are ignored anyway, it causes no problem if
they are not present

I'm not too enthusiastic
about duplicating the full error API, and would prefer make it an
option to change the existing behaviour.

but there still seems to be a need to setup another (callback? boolean?) variable that indicates that
preformating is required -
that's what I meant by _extending_ the api.

I have some ideas how to do that but none is elegant enough :-(

Regards
Petr