Re: [xml] RE: [xml] xmlFreeString routine needed

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 04:19:51PM +0100, Uwe Fechner wrote:
  xmlFree() should work fine. It's actually a pointer to the allocation
routine:
  http://xmlsoft.org/xmlmem.html#General3

Daniel

Well, I don't think I can use it directly.

In delphi, I can access only functions, that are exported by a dll.
I cannot access variables, and so I can't access pointers to a function,
either.

  Sorry but you have a platform problem then.

Could you add a function, that is declared as function and not as pointer
to your api?

  As I said already the API is being frozen.

That and the fact that it's a Windows DLL arbitrary limitation imposed
on top of the C language, no I'm not tempted to add entry points for
this, check with Igor. In the extreme case where this cannot be solved,
those entry points would be Windows32 specific and not part of the official
API. But again I would prefer a different solution.

Daniel