Re: [xml] trionan.c and libxml2-2.4.12.tar.gz

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 05:59:52PM -0800, stan boehm philips com wrote:
We were very happy working with  libxml2-2.3.13.

However, we have encountered a problem, most likely ours.  However, we
decided it would be
best to upgrade to  libxml2-2.4.12 before pursuing it further.
Unfortunately, I am encountering
many difficulties getting 2.4.12 to work.  I have upgraded many times in
the past.  2.3.13 was
very easy.  Here are some of the things that I encountered.

We are using the Watcom compiler on QNX.

1) Makefile.in  is missing trionan as follows:

  No that's normal. Also note that Makefile.in is generated from Makefile.am

Apparently QNX needs trio support.  It appears that sometime since 2.3.13
trio.c
was split into  trio.c and trionan.c.  Is it possible that Makefile.in was
not
modified to include trionan.c ?

  It's on purpose. XPath includes the c module directly:

--------------
#ifndef TRIO_REPLACE_STDIO
#define TRIO_PUBLIC static
#endif
#include "trionan.c"

I can not link anything unless I add trionan.c and trionan.lo to
Makefile.in as
shown in the above diff.

  Either your compiler has troubles with including a C file, or
you were relying on definitions exported by libxml which are not exported
anymore because they really ought to be exported by the system libraries,
not by an XML library. Try defining TRIO_REPLACE_STDIO .

Daniel