Re: [xml] xmlNodeListGetString
- From: Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
- To: Rich Salz <rsalz datapower com>
- Cc: Kendrick Hamilton <hamilton sedsystems ca>, "xml gnome org" <xml gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [xml] xmlNodeListGetString
- Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:10:44 -0500
On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 06:53:44PM -0500, Rich Salz wrote:
Simply that I don't use const for struct pointers in signature,
no hidden meaning.
Because the mental representation in term of register, stack usage
etc. that I have of a C function call do not integrate that property,
for those structure, so I don't reflect it at the code level.
I also have seen hard to track bugs because of const use in the past
for complex structures and I don't even want to take the risk of a
possible compiler bug.
Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/
veillard redhat com | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
] [Thread Prev