Re: [xml] Self terminating tags

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 07:39:48AM -0800, Brett Robichaud wrote:
I was talking about simple output from libXML.  If I add a new empty tag
like the latter.

  If you pass an empty string you ask for the creation of a node with a
text child. If the string is empty, the text node is created anyway.
And the <tag></tag> serialization for such an internal structure may
make sense too. If the string is empty simply create an empty new node
with xmlNewNode().
  You asked for that empty string, you get it. Period.

Daniel