[xml] Re: Is it possible to skip illegal UTF-8 characters when parsing?

Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>:

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 02:05:30PM +0200, Steinar Bang wrote:
Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>:

Well, no, the specification is very clear about it,

Actually, no it isn't.  The EBNF for character data in mixed
content doesn't explicitly forbid it. :-)

time to reread the spec, sorry you're wrong !
That introductory section is cristal clear, if not provide feedback
to xml-editor w3 org about the part you have trouble understanding,
we may improve the wording if needed !

Not the wording, but the EBNF for CharData.  Ie. production [14] here
        <http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#syntax>

    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#charsets

Yes.  Production [2] is the production used in both comments and CDATA
sections, but as far as I can tell, not in CharData.

If you think I'm right about this error, and if you think it is
important enough, I can put in a message to xml-editor w3 org

If I'm wrong, there is no point in bothering them about it.