Re: [xml] Creating a Compact libxml library

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 11:55:20AM -0300, J. Andrew MacDonald wrote:

Hey,

I am currently working on a project, where the amout of space used is
limited.  I would like to use libxml, so that the configuration scripts
can be in XML.  I have currently configured libxml2.4.19 with all
options disabled, which has help considerably, but I would still like to
make it more compact if possible.

I guess my question is "Does anyone have an tips or things I can leave
out/#ifdef out to make libxml smaller, but still have XML parsing
capabilites?"

  Check last month thread on the subject:
    http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2002-March/msg00081.html
 You should also contact Jean-Yves Lamoureux we discussed outside the
mailing list and it seems he was able to get under 200KB. It really depends
what's your threshold. Some parts could be made optional at compile time
which are not currently like all the code to save the result document if
you don't need this capability.

Daniel