Re: [xml] I take it back...

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 03:58:39AM -0500, Robert G. Brown wrote:
Actually, taking out the statements that free the context do NOT fix
things.  Now I'm totally confused, or I'm hitting a bug in libxml2.
I'm consistently crashing in the middle of an xml command -- often a
Free command but sometimes an Eval command.

  You're probably freeing things twice or trying to free the nodes
returned from an XPath query while you should consider them read-only

It is almost certainly a memory management problem of some sort or
another, but it could still be my fault.  I'll look over my structs and
mallocs to be sure I'm not somehow overwriting something that is
corrupting the xml parser's data.

   http://xmlsoft.org/xmlmem.html#Debugging
   still applies. Try to link your app with a library conpiled with
--with-mem-debug , it shoudl spot such problems. Also make sur to never
use directly free() data returned by libxml2, always use xmlFree(), it
works in the general case but not when running with the memory debugger.

Daniel